At this point, you need to ask yourself what format your writing
should be published in. Your format will depend on the genre (style)
of writing you've just completed. Poems, short stories, newspaper
articles, etc. will require a different format than an essay. Since
we are concentrating on essay writing, most teachers will require:
- a left justified heading on the first page that includes your
name, date, class and teacher's name
- a double spaced essay with 1-1/2 " margins
- page numbers on every page except the title page
- proper citations (MLA style) if you have used direct quotes,
paraphrased or summarized any material
- a Works Cited page that lists in alphabetical order all the
sources that you've used
*Individual teachers may give you specific formatting requirements.
Always check with your teacher before turning your essay in.