‘Ike Hawai‘i (For High School Students)
The award-winning ‘Ike Hawai‘i Distance Learning Program offers a unique online, educational experience for high school students. ‘Ike Hawai‘i connects students to Hawaiian history, culture, and literature, while building on their 21st century skills.
Everyone has different reasons for taking online courses. Here are a few that may appeal to you:
- Personal enrichment
- Moves you closer to graduation, faster
- Credit recovery
- Open time in your school day for other courses or activities.
Our classes are available for credit at schools that are a part of the Hawai‘i Virtual Learning Network (HLVN), or for personal enrichment by any DOE high school student. Schools with high native Hawaiian populations may contact us directly for access to quality, culture-based, online curriculum for integration into instruction.
These courses were developed by Kamehameha Schools Distance Learning, and are offered directly through HVLN and our collaborating schools. KSDL provides the online content and the content interface (Blackboard), and the classes are taught by DOE teachers.
To register, students must go through their high school counselor.
If you have questions, please contact us at email@example.com or (808) 842-8877 for more information.
The 'Ike Hawai'i Distance Learning Program goals are to:
- Provide culturally based curriculum and opportunities for Hawaiian learners to succeed in a distance learning environment.
- Encourage learner self-discovery through Hawaiian cultural experiences to shape one's own life or world view.
- Increase learner's technology skills.
- Prepare learner's readiness (academic, emotional, social) for higher education.
Click here view
KS Distance Learning