Education continues to evolve and we invite you to join us in this wave of change. Our free A‘o Kumu courses provide educators with tools and skills to seamlessly integrate culture-based education (CBE) with 21st century skills and relevant standards, such as the Common Core State Standards (CCSS).
The courses are focused with rigor that develops your pedagogical practices to strategically impact student engagement, creativity, and performance. Flexible learning opportunities allow you to customize your learning pathway.
Educators can earn professional development credits for each course upon successful completion of learning portfolios requiring implementation of activities with students. Educators may be able to earn course credits toward a certificate or degree program with the University of Hawai‘i Learning Design and Technology Department. Contact Dr. Curtis Ho at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
What Learners Can Expect
- Intense eight week courses
- Three to four course contact hours per week
- Practice using many different educational technology tools and resources
What Skills You Build
- Integrating culture-based education (CBE) and 21st century skills seamlessly into your lessons
- Modeling digital citizenship through Hawaiian values and themes to meet learning objectives
- Synchronous and Asynchronous collaboration to develop a professional learning community (PLC)
What You Leave With
- E-portfolio that you can continue to use and develop
- Practical lesson plans that integrate CBE & 21st century skills
- Your own Personal Learning Network (PLN) and Professional Learning Community (PLC)
Click here view
KS Distance Learning